Many recreational and commercial boat owners use Honda’s four-stroke outboard engines because they require relatively simple maintenance at regular intervals. Even though Honda Marine outboard engines are reliable workhorses, doing some basic maintenance can help extend the life of your Honda outboard.
· You probably know that seawater is one of the elements that will expedite marine corrosion and require more frequent maintenance if you want to have a long-lasting reliable and efficient engine. Flush the engine with fresh water after each use to get rid of the salt water or use a salt terminator. Salt terminators are designed to dissolve and remove salt build up commonly associated with marine environments and guards against future salt corrosion. Most engines have a port that will allow you to attach a garden hose to make the flushing easier.
· Pull the Cowlings and inspect your outboard powerheads.
· Check the basket around the base of the hood to ensure salt water isn’t seeping into the engine. Also the mounting bracket, pivot tube, tilt and trim systems, steering components and cables may come into contact with salt water and need to be rinsed off frequently.
· Regularly change the oil and filter and have periodic valve adjustments. Refer to your owner’s manual for needed scheduled service and use a certified technician.
· Propellers facilitate the engine reaching maximum horsepower at wide-open throttle, and if damaged may need repair and rebalancing. Change the propeller nuts annually. Check the blades regularly to ensure they aren’t bent or significantly dinged up for maximum efficiency, and keep the propeller shaft greased.
Following these tips can help you maintain your Honda outboard engine so that you have many years of peak efficiency.
Fish Trap, LLC is proud to offer Honda Marine outboards. Whether you need to repower your boat or you’re looking for a new boat motor package, we are here to help. Why buy from us?
· We are Honda experts and can help you find the right outboard for your boat. What is the horsepower rating and what is going to work best for your needs? At Fish Trap, LLC, we sell a wide range of outboard motors from 2.3 to 250 horsepower, making them ideal for boats of all sizes. Our sales team knows exactly how to fit your boat with the right sized motor to get you going.
· Customer service responsiveness and knowledge. Fish Trap, LLC is dedicated to give you the best customer support and experience. When you walk in the door, you’ll know your satisfaction is our top priority.
· Service Experts here for you. Our technicians have completed hours of Honda Marine training and are true experts. Whether you need basic maintenance or a more complex repair, you will get quality service at a fair price.
· Many Parts in stock. Need parts support? Fish Trap, LLC can help! We carry most common parts in stock, or we can get them for you quickly. And at Fish Trap, LLC you can feel confident you’ll always be getting genuine Honda parts – not some cheap aftermarket knock off.
· Warranty support. Fish Trap, LLC is an authorized Honda Marine dealer, so we are able to perform warranty repairs in the unlikely event of an issue.
Fish Trap, LLC is proud to be your local Honda Marine experts here in Winter, WI. We hope you’ll stop in and see us soon!